- This is a method that uses music to re-train listening skills by filtering the sound in a specialised way.
- FST is offered in a personalised package of 20 half-hour sessions.
- These sessions are done twice a day consecutively for 10 days.
- Changes that occur in listening and learning are seen over the period of 4 months following FST.
- FST/AIT is a non-medical approach that often has far-reaching benefits.
Who Can Benefit?
Experience and research has shown that the people who benefit the most from FST are those who have one or more of the following;
- Hearing problems
- Painful hearing
- Attention Deficit
- Language Delay
- Down syndrome
- Central Auditory Processing Disorder
- Sensory Integration problems
- Balance and laterality problems
The benefits of this ten-day training course tend to vary from person to person. The most frequent improvements seen are:
- listening and responsiveness
- attention and memory
- awareness of the environment
- social responsiveness
- communication and language
- sensory processing